Signpost with the words Help, Support, Advice, Guidance and Assistance on the direction arrows, against a bright blue cloudy sky.
Dear Community Servants, Supporters & Activists,
TIIAI/Gateway to Re-Entry and a host of Re-Entry organizations from across the country have banded together to change the narrative on Re-Entry. Our simultaneous kick-off events are on June 6, 2015. Every organization is requesting from their perspective city a Proclamation declaring June as Re-Entry Month. The events include a rally, vendors, resources, presentations and connecting Re-Entry individuals to the larger community.
The following are the 5 focus points for Re-Entry
1. Returning Citizens have full rights as afforded to all citizens
2. Re-Entry Programs fully funded to maintain and create resources
3. Re-Entry is a “movement” – one unit – working as one – Voting Block
4. A Re-Entry liaison from the community in the offices of the decision makers
5. Re-Entry participants receiving consistent support from the Mayors, Senators, Media & Community Activists
The Re-Entry Mission – to provide tools for individuals to develop good decision-making skills.
The Re-Entry Vision – is to reduce the rate of recidivism.
The following are events for Re-Entry month…
Job Fair – Resource Day
Education Day – GED/ College
Entrepreneur Seminar Day
Family Gathering – Cookout Day
Voter Registration Day
Political Action Day
Community Clean-Up Day
Anyone interested in being a part of this historical event, providing resources or wish to learn more, please contact Rahiem Shabazz via email at Rahiem.Shabazz@Gmail.com